If you’re a talented sales professional who wants career advancement, enjoys consultative selling, creative problem solving, and is eager to establish new and lasting relationships with complete strangers, we’d love to have you join our team. We’re growing fast, and we need help!
Northwoods designs and builds large interactive websites, many of which are built on our own Enterprise Content Management System – Titan CMS. We also design and build complex software applications – some that stand alone and some that plug into our Titan CMS sites.
The sales team at Northwoods has established a marquee list of over 400 clients over the past 15 years. Our team is among the best in the state, we’ve sustained a reputation for excellence, and provide creative solutions that our clients love.
Your Job Requirements
- You love the challenge of finding the right people to talk to and you know how to quickly develop a meaningful relationship with new contacts.
- You are curious about how things work and how things can work better.
- 3+ years of selling web design and/or programming services to businesses.
- You understand web technologies, creative design process, online marketing and business solutions.
- We sell in a team environment so you need to be creative and collaborative as we develop and present solutions to our clients.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You are not easily discouraged and look forward to a challenge.
Your Background and Values
- You tend to learn new stuff on your own, often before everyone else.
- You’re not afraid to go into the boss’s office, and share your ideas for improvements. But, you’re also pragmatic enough to not share every hare brained scheme that pops into your head. (That’s the boss’s prerogative.)
- You believe that your family comes first and want to work with like-minded people.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, evolving & dynamic environment.
- You have been successful in attracting and developing new accounts.
- You have been required to write proposals and you actually like that part of the job.
- You are well organized and can easily manage conflicting demands on your time.
The First Three Months
- Learn all about Northwoods. (Figure out where the bathrooms are and where to put your lunch.)
- Listen a lot.
- Get to know Mary.
- Attend Northwoods workshops on Titan CMS, Writing, Intranets, Manufacturing, Non-profits, Online Product Catalogs.
- Develop a target list of prospects based on a vertical market that we are developing.
- Contact your target list and promote Northwoods workshops and offerings.
- Participate in a sales effort including proposal writing and presentation.
- Enjoy some popcorn.
Your Ongoing Duties
The amount of time spent on each will vary from day to day.
- Promote and serve as the Northwoods ambassador at ongoing workshops.
- Make contact with all workshop attendees to assess their interest in Northwoods services.
- Handle new prospects as generated by our marketing efforts.
- Follow up on prospects until successful conclusion of the sales process.
- Participate in hand-off of new clients to our Account Director Team.
- Work with marketing on seeking new prospect opportunities
- Assess the needs and interest in Northwoods services generated through all marketing efforts
Northwoods employs an in-house team of developers, designers, information architects, and account managers. We are not a staffing firm. You will be attracting new clients to work with our team of really smart people. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Our work is never boring.
We are the leading provider of complex websites in a number of verticals.
- Real Estate
Travel is very limited and 98% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k) and base salaries for our sales team with bonus. We offer health, dental, long term, and short term disability insurance, paid vacation, no limit on health days, paid holidays, paid maternity/paternity leave, and free lunch on occasion. Northwoods is an Equal Opportunity employer.
All employees enjoy a generous workspace and a relaxed atmosphere.
We treat our employees well with free popcorn on Thursdays. No need to wear shoes around the office. The boss doesn't. We also have kids and dogs occasionally running around the office. (Yours are welcome if they don't make too much noise.
How To Apply...
Apply with us! If it looks like Northwoods might be the right place for you, please apply. Your first mission, if you accept our challenge, is to make contact with the Managing Director who leads our sales team and send him your resume. We want to assess how good you are at penetrating an organization.