Northwoods Web Solutions delivers strategic, world-class digital marketing plans and web solutions for organizations and companies seeking digital differentiation in the Midwest and throughout North America. With 40 employees and a marquee list of client-partners, our mission for the past 20 years has been to offer quality website solutions for the manufacturing, healthcare, consumer, entertainment, education, government, non-profit and professional services markets. The demand for our services is strong, and we are looking for talented web professionals to grow our team. Key to our success is the quality of our front line consultants – our Digital Account Directors. Their role is to sustain and build our reputation for excellence.
The Account Directors at Northwoods have many roles – Information Architect, Project Manager, Account Manager, and eBusiness Analyst to name a few. We merge these roles because:
- Reducing “skills silos” results in fewer communications gaps, more efficiency, and better outcomes for clients.
- A diversity of skills in one person allows for maximum flexibility in responding to clients.
- Being really good at more than one thing is fun, empowering, and challenging.
- IA/UX work is more effective when there is a deep understanding of a client’s business.
- Project Management is more efficient when there are fewer communication points.
- Account Management is more efficient when there is an awareness of all client activity.
- These disciplines complement and inform each other.
- There is a stronger sense of control over directions and outcomes.
Successful Digital Account Directors possess a wide variety of skills, but they do not do all the work themselves. They coordinate the work of specialists (sometimes other Account Directors), and direct the work of Account Coordinators and Digital Strategists who assist with thought leadership and tasks.
We have created a very free and relaxed work environment. No micro management. You can do what you want with your work space, dress the way you want, and even work from home if you need to.
All employees get two monitors, the latest hardware, free popcorn on Thursdays and the occasional lunch during collaboration sessions. No need to wear shoes around the office. The boss doesn't. We also have kids and dogs occasionally running around the office. (Yours are welcome if they don’t make too much noise.)
We celebrate our client successes, believe in professional development, and empowering our people.
Need a break? Challenge your coworkers to a game of ping pong or foosball. You can even take a nap if you're dragging and just need 30 minutes of shut-eye to be productive again.
What do we do?
We build large web sites, develop content management products, design stunning web sites, obsess over usability and findability, and engineer half-million-dollar software systems.
Northwoods Web Solutions creates enterprise class web sites using our in-house team of strategists, developers, designers, information architects and project managers. We are not a staffing firm. No new cubicle every six months. No bench. You work with the same 40 really smart people day-to-day. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Our work is never boring.
There are three things that make us better than our competitors.
- Strategists, interactive designers and front end developers who focus on usability
- Software engineers who can build anything
- We are constantly learning, sharing and applying
Travel is very limited and 95% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k), flexible hours and competitive salaries. Northwoods Web Solutions is an Equal Opportunity employer.