Who we're looking for...
- You can write clean, cross-browser-compliant HTML5 & CSS3.
- You can get around in Photoshop and have an eye for design, usability & typography. Design skills is a plus.
- You attend to details.
- You like to write reusable and modular code.
- You are always learning, perfecting your craft, and striving to do more with less code.
- You follow the user experience and design trends and like to share what you learn.
- You are an innovator and enjoy collaborating in a team environment.
- Family is important to you and want to work with like-minded people.
- Personal ethic that work should be fun.
What you'll be doing...
- Interacting with team members and clients to design web sites.
- Transforming Photoshop designs into interactive HTML5/CSS3 layouts.
- Creating interactive prototypes.
- Configuring layouts and settings in our content management system.
- Performing unit and device testing.
- Assist with sales efforts for estimates, scoping, timelines, and budget.
- Writing style guides/user manuals.
- Sharing your opinions.
- Posting funny comics on your office wall and sharing Youtube videos with co-workers.
If you've been to design school, great! If you've had software deveolopment training, great! If not, show us what you've done. If we're impressed we'll hire you. (Bill Gates never finished college.)
What we do...
We build large web sites, develop content and document management products, design stunning web sites, obsess over usability and user experience, and engineer half-million-dollar software systems.
Northwoods does its development work in-house. We are not a staffing firm. No new cubicle every six months. No bench. You work with the same 30 really smart people day-to-day. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Projects change regularly so it's never boring.
Roles and Responsibilities...
The following percentages will vary, but will generally be as follows:
- Mentoring (10%)
- Client Meetings (10%)
- Assist with quoting / estimating (10%)
- Consulting (10%)
- sometimes all on the same day
Travel is very limited and 98% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k) and competitive salaries. Northwoods is an Equal Opportunity employer.
At Northwoods we have created a very free and relaxed work environment. You can do what you want with your office space, dress the way you want, and even work from home if you need to.
All employees get two monitors, the latest hardware, and free popcorn on Thursdays. No need to wear shoes around the office. The boss doesn't. We also have kids and dogs occasionally running around the office. (Yours are welcome if they don’t make too much noise.)
We take good care of our employees. We have a fitness room in the basement where you can play vinyl albums or plug in your iPod while you work out. We have catered lunches several times a week, free Starbucks coffee all day long, and education and professional development opportunities. We also have fun company outings and events!
Need a break? Challenge your coworkers to a game of ping pong or foosball. You can even take a nap if you're dragging and just need 30 minutes of shut-eye to be productive again.