Are you looking to improve your skills with content creation, digital marketing (including content marketing), and social media management? Are you an SEO wizard, or would you like to become one? Want to work with a bunch of really smart (and fun) people this summer? We’d like to talk to you.
- Paid Position
- Hours/week: 15-25 with flexible work hours
- Application Deadline: March 10, 2016
- Flexible Duration: Hoping for June 1, 2016 – August 15, 2016 (we're flexible on starting and ending dates, with potential for extension or a permanent position)
- Number of Openings: 1
1572 E Capitol Drive
Shorewood, WI 53211
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: 414-914-9109
Purpose of Internship
- Students will learn skills that can be applied in their professional career
- Learn how to develop and execute digital marketing strategies, including content marketing campaigns
- Learn to think, plan and execute independently and with management input
- Learn to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands
Who we're looking for...
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to research via online and industry related intelligence and trends (i.e. through Google search, LinkedIn, and trade publications)
- Social media marketing and management experience
- A basic understanding of SEO
- Familiarity with a content management system
- You attend to details
- You’re flexible, creative, and collaborative
- You're familiar with current digital marketing trends
- You believe that work should be fun
What you'll be doing...
- Researching, analyzing, and crafting content to be used for the company blog, website, press releases, articles, case studies, whitepapers, and social media campaigns
- Assisting with Northwoods’ SEO strategy and tactics
- Assisting in maintaining Northwoods’ content editorial calendar
- Generating new content ideas
- Learning a lot
- Staying up to date on current digital marketing trends
- Sharing your opinions
- Gaining real world experience
Share content (digital marketing plan, blog post, article, media release, etc.) you've developed for previous internships or school assignments. Tell us how you'd improve your work if you could do it again.
What we do...
We are digital marketing consultants who work with all types of companies, from B2B manufacturers and non-profit organizations to local start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. We also design stunning web sites, obsess over usability and user experience, and engineer half-million-dollar software systems and mobile apps.
Northwoods Web Solutions is a full service digital marketing agency, website design company, and software development firm located in Shorewood, Wisconsin. We offer our clients the latest insight, knowledge, and technology to help them achieve a significant online presence for their organization. We reach out to marketing and business prospects from organizations of all sizes and across several industries through an assertive marketing strategy that includes continuously publishing high quality content.
At Northwoods we have created a very free and relaxed work environment.
All employees get the latest hardware and free popcorn on Thursdays. No need to wear shoes around the office. The boss doesn't. We also have kids and dogs occasionally running around the office. (Yours are welcome if they don’t make too much noise.)
We take good care of our employees. We have catered lunches several times a week, free Starbucks coffee all day long, and education and professional development opportunities. We also have fun company outings and events!
Need a break? Challenge your coworkers to a game of ping pong. You can even take a nap if you're dragging and just need 30 minutes of shut-eye to be productive again.