Are you looking to improve your skills with content creation, digital marketing (including content marketing and SEM), and social media management? Are you an SEO/PPC wizard, or would you like to become one? Want to work with a bunch of really smart (and fun) people? We’d like to talk to you.
- Paid Position
- Hours/week: 15-25 with flexible work hours
- Application Deadline: Friday, April 14, 2017
- Flexible Duration: Hoping for June - August (we're flexible on starting and ending dates, with potential for extension or a permanent position)
- Number of Openings: 1
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for a college student majoring in marketing, communications, strategic communications, advertising or journalism who has…
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to research industry related intelligence and trends using online research tools
- Social media marketing and management experience
- A basic understanding of SEO and SEM (including paid search and social ads)
- Familiarity with a content management system (CMS)
- The ability to be flexible, creative, detail-oriented and collaborative
- Familiarity with the current digital marketing trends
- A belief that work should be fun
Northwoods employs an in-house team of developers, designers, information architects, and account managers. We are not a staffing firm. No new cubicle every six months. No bench. You work with the same 40 really smart people day-to-day. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Our work is never boring.
Travel is very limited and 98% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k) and great salaries. We offer health, dental, long term, and short term disability insurance, paid vacation, no limit on health days, paid holidays, paid maternity/paternity leave, and free lunch on occasion. Northwoods is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Smart people doing innovative things with interesting technology – that’s what Northwoods is all about.
With a relaxed environment, fresh hot popcorn, and the obligatory ping pong and foosball tables, we enjoy the amenities expected from a cutting-edge tech company. But that’s not what makes us love our jobs – it’s the people and the work that makes Northwoods great:
- We learn something new each day. From Fortune 500 companies to industrial manufacturers to local non-profits, we work on a wide variety of projects. The diversity of our client pool and our commitment to forward-looking technologies and strategies means we’re constantly engaged and learning new things.
- We trust and value each other. Ego has no place at Northwoods (our president sits in a cubicle like the rest of us), and we don’t focus on titles. When any one of us has an idea, solution, or criticism, we know we can voice it openly and honestly – and we listen respectfully when our colleagues do the same.
- We hire people, not skillsets. We don’t just find people familiar with specific tools or technologies; we look for motivated self-starters who know how to learn and are eager to grow. We hire the best and brightest – leaders, team players, and creative problem solvers – and give everyone the opportunity to make the most of their unique talents.
- Our families come first. We have a strong work ethic and commitment to our clients, but we also have busy lives. Sometimes we work from home, sometimes we choose to work odd hours, and sometimes we bring our kids or dogs (or both!) into the office. Each of us gets to decide for ourselves what the ideal work-life balance looks like.
- We each grow in our own way. As our interests change and career goals evolve, so do our roles with our clients and within the company. We all find new boundaries to push; Northwoods gives each of us the latitude and freedom to pursue our passions and create our own career story.
We’re all driven to constantly do our best – and Northwoods provides an environment that allows us all to do exactly that.
It’s not just a career, it’s a lifestyle.
Share content (digital marketing plans, blog posts, media releases, etc.) you’ve developed for previous internships or school assignments. Tell us how you’d improve your work if you could do it again. Don't forget to include your resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2017.
Send the documents above to:
Rachel Carter, Senior Digital Marketing Strategist