Northwoods Web Solutions is looking for three talented writers who understand the power of quality content, and want to gain real world experience writing B2B (Business to Business) content for websites, blogs, social media and more.
Are you an English, Journalism or Marketing major (or related field) looking to write B2B web content, and collaborate and work with a bunch of really smart (and fun) people this summer? We’re here to help you advance your skills in digital marketing.
- Pay: $12/hr
- Hours/week: 15-25 with flexible work hours
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2014
- Duration: May 15, 2014 – August 15, 2014 (with potential for extension or a permanent position)
- Number of Openings: 3
Patrick Bieser, Founder & CEO
Northwoods Web Solutions
1572 E Capitol Drive
Shorewood, WI 53211
Contact phone: 414-914-9100
How to apply:
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Summer Intern
Please submit writing samples as well as any relevant links to social media.
Northwoods Web Solutions is a full service digital marketing agency, website design company, and software development firm located in Shorewood, Wisconsin. We offer our clients the latest insight, knowledge, and technology to help them achieve a significant online presence for their organization. We reach out to marketing and business prospects from organizations of all sizes and across several industries through an assertive marketing strategy that includes continuously publishing high quality content.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Search internet for relevant B2B content
- create 1-2 paragraph synopsis of content
- create blog posts with synopsis along with links to original content
- use social media to share and promote posts
- Write original B2B content
- conduct internal interviews and ghost-write for our thought leaders
- support our marketing strategy
- incorporate Northwoods' voice and tone
- content should be engaging, web optimized, and SEO-optimized
- Demonstrate use of logic and strategic thinking in structuring content for:
- Northwoods websites/blogs
- social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Youtube
- white papers
- video scripts
- Brainstorm both independently and collaboratively and bring your thoughts and ideas to the team and your fellow interns
- Attend weekly review and training meetings
- Attend (or view videos of) the 14 web content and strategy workshops presented by Northwoods
- Is pursuing, or has recently obtained, an undergraduate or graduate degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Integrated/Strategic Communications, Management or related field.
- Can use data, intuition and common sense to turn a good post/article into a great one
- Is proficienct with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Has a positive attitude and the ability to work with a team
- Thrives in an environment with a barefoot boss, readily available popcorn and Starbucks coffee
- Can effectively articulate, present and explain writing choices
- Ability to produce work quickly and manage deadlines
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner, maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken
- Ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, follow procedures, and maintain high attention to detail
- Is a do-er and an independent thinker who’s not afraid to share ideas
- Has excellent proof-reading skills - typos jump off the page
Purpose of Internship
- Students will learn skills that can be applied in their professional career
- Learn how to write web content that drives traffic, leads, and customers
- Learn to think, plan and execute independently and with management input
- Learn to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands, research
- Learn content curation strategies
- Learn marketing tactics for inbound marketing, social media, SEO
Northwoods employs an in-house team of developers, designers, information architects, and account managers. We are not a staffing firm. No new cubicle every six months. No bench. You work with the same 40 really smart people day-to-day. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Our work is never boring.
Travel is very limited and 98% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k) and great salaries. We offer health, dental, long term, and short term disability insurance, paid vacation, no limit on health days, paid holidays, paid maternity/paternity leave, and free lunch on occasion. Northwoods is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Smart people doing innovative things with interesting technology – that’s what Northwoods is all about.
With a relaxed environment, fresh hot popcorn, and the obligatory ping pong and foosball tables, we enjoy the amenities expected from a cutting-edge tech company. But that’s not what makes us love our jobs – it’s the people and the work that makes Northwoods great:
- We learn something new each day. From Fortune 500 companies to industrial manufacturers to local non-profits, we work on a wide variety of projects. The diversity of our client pool and our commitment to forward-looking technologies and strategies means we’re constantly engaged and learning new things.
- We trust and value each other. Ego has no place at Northwoods (our president sits in a cubicle like the rest of us), and we don’t focus on titles. When any one of us has an idea, solution, or criticism, we know we can voice it openly and honestly – and we listen respectfully when our colleagues do the same.
- We hire people, not skillsets. We don’t just find people familiar with specific tools or technologies; we look for motivated self-starters who know how to learn and are eager to grow. We hire the best and brightest – leaders, team players, and creative problem solvers – and give everyone the opportunity to make the most of their unique talents.
- Our families come first. We have a strong work ethic and commitment to our clients, but we also have busy lives. Sometimes we work from home, sometimes we choose to work odd hours, and sometimes we bring our kids or dogs (or both!) into the office. Each of us gets to decide for ourselves what the ideal work-life balance looks like.
- We each grow in our own way. As our interests change and career goals evolve, so do our roles with our clients and within the company. We all find new boundaries to push; Northwoods gives each of us the latitude and freedom to pursue our passions and create our own career story.
We’re all driven to constantly do our best – and Northwoods provides an environment that allows us all to do exactly that.
It’s not just a career, it’s a lifestyle.