Northwoods Web Solutions provides digital strategy, web design and development, custom software development, enterprise content management (CMS) design and implementation expertise as well as ongoing digital marketing planning and execution to companies nationwide.
Northwoods is a learning organization that focuses on developing our people into responsive and best-in-class consultants, strategists, marketers, developers, designers, implementers and thought-leaders, and we apply this knowledge and expertise into every client touchpoint.
Northwoods was founded in 1997 by twelve colleagues who joined forces to build a company specializing in web development and software engineering. Leading this group and initiative was Northwoods' President, Patrick Bieser, an accomplished entrepreneur, software executive, programmer, and web usability expert.
Since then we have hand picked in-house digital marketing, design and technology professionals who all share a passion for creating top quality websites and software applications.
Our Services & Solutions
- Ongoing Digital Marketing Services
- Inbound and Outbound Marketing
- Marketing Automation Consulting
- Google Analytics and Search Console Consulting
- Google Tag Manager Configuration
- B2B Social Media Strategies
- Management Consulting
- Strategic eBusiness Consulting
- Creative Graphic Design
- Website Design & Development
- Product eCatalog Systems
- eCommerce Systems
- Intranet & Extranet Development
- Titan CMS Solutions
- Web Accessibility
- Sitecore CMS Implementation Partner
- SharePoint Development Services
- Content Migration Services
- Orphaned Software Rescue Services
- Hosting & Security Consulting
- Digital Strategy & Review Consulting
- Web CMS Training & Support
- Social Media Applications
- Site Globalization/Multi-Language
- Strategic eMarketing Consulting
- Software Engineering
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- PPC Campaign and Management
- Display Advertising
- Digital Ad Retargeting
- Mobile Website and App Development
- Interactive Rich Media (Flash, JQuery)
- Digital Marketing Training
The specialists at Northwoods have substantial backgrounds in many disciplines, and have successfully deployed complex website and software projects in a wide variety of business sectors.
- 750+ clients worldwide with over 2,000 projects completed
- 400+ websites running on the Titan CMS platform
- 5,000 authors and editors using Titan CMS
- Listed twice in the Inc 500 as the Fastest Growing Company in the US
- Awarded the Future 50 four times by MMAC and the Business Journal
- Listed among the Top 25 Software Companies by Small Business Times magazine
- Named one of the Best Places to Work by BizTimes Magazine
- 3,000+ people have attended a free weekly Northwoods Workshop or Seminar since 2005
- Certified Microsoft Partner
- Recognized by the Milwaukee Business Journal as a “Best Place to Work in 2017”
Northwoods Partnerships and Sponsors
The Google Partner badge is indicative of specific partners passing Google AdWords product certification exams and are up to date with the latest product knowledge. In other words, we earned it.
Northwoods Web Solutions consistently demonstrates proven expertise in delivering quality solutions in a specialized area of business. Microsoft competencies are designed to meet customers’ needs and be recognizable to prospective ones.
Northwoods Web Solutions has been a proud sponsor of Milwaukee Irish Fest since 2012. Irish Fest promotes and celebrates all aspects of Irish, Irish American and Celtic cultures, and instills in current and future generations an appreciation of their heritage.
OpenDataSoft is a software platform that specializes in making data open, transparent and actionable. With OpenDataSoft’s platform, customers are able to collect data from multiple sources, break data silos, share interactive data visualizations, foster applicative development through APIs and collaborate with other key stakeholders.
Ad 2 Milwaukee is a non-profit organization run by young professionals, ages 32 and younger, involved or interested in advertising and related fields. Ad 2 Milwaukee aims to help students and young professionals gain industry experience, grow their professional networks, and become community leaders.
Northwoods Web Solutions continues to enjoy success due to our passion for customer service and our unwavering focus on our clients in the target markets we serve. We build long-term working relationships with our clients, treat our employees like family, and never forget to have fun and enjoy life.
Culture at Northwoods
We were recently recognized by the Milwaukee Business Journal as a "Best Place To Work in 2017." We attribute that to our unique culture.
With a relaxed environment, fresh hot popcorn and a dog-friendly office, we enjoy the amenities expected from a cutting-edge tech company. But that’s not what makes us love our jobs – it’s the people and the work that makes Northwoods great:
- We learn something new each day. From Fortune 500 companies to industrial manufacturers to local non-profits, we work on a wide variety of projects. The diversity of our client pool and our commitment to forward-looking technologies and strategies means we’re constantly engaged and learning new things.
- We trust and value each other. Ego has no place at Northwoods (our president sits in a cubicle like the rest of us), and we don’t focus on titles. When one of us has an idea, solution, or criticism, we know we can voice it openly and honestly – and we listen respectfully when our colleagues do the same.
- We hire people, not skillsets. We don’t just find people familiar with specific tools or technologies; we look for motivated self-starters who know how to learn and are eager to grow. We hire the best and brightest – leaders, team players, and creative problem solvers – and give everyone the opportunity to make the most of their unique talents.
- Our families come first. We have a strong work ethic and commitment to our clients, but we also have busy lives. Sometimes we work from home, sometimes we choose to work odd hours, and sometimes we bring our kids or dogs (or both!) into the office. Each of us gets to decide for ourselves what the ideal work-life balance looks like.
We’re all driven to constantly do our best – and Northwoods provides an environment that allows us all to do exactly that.
It’s not just a career, it’s a lifestyle.