We create effective, data-driven digital marketing strategies, websites and software solutions that grow your online presence.
Northwoods was founded in 1997 by twelve colleagues who joined forces to build a company specializing in web development and software engineering. Leading this group and initiative was Northwoods' President, Patrick Bieser, an accomplished entrepreneur, software executive, programmer, and web usability expert.
Since then we have hand picked in-house digital marketing, design and technology professionals who all share a passion for creating top quality websites and software applications.
The specialists at Northwoods have substantial backgrounds in many disciplines, and have successfully deployed complex website and software projects in a wide variety of business sectors.
- 750+ clients worldwide with over 2,000 projects completed
- 400+ websites running on the Titan CMS platform
- 5,000 authors and editors using Titan CMS
- Listed twice in the Inc 500 as the Fastest Growing Company in the US
- Awarded the Future 50 four times by MMAC and the Business Journal
- Listed among the Top 25 Software Companies by Small Business Times magazine
- Named one of the Best Places to Work by BizTimes Magazine
- 3,000+ people have attended a free weekly Northwoods Workshop or Seminar since 2005
- Certified Microsoft Partner
- Recognized by the Milwaukee Business Journal as a “Best Place to Work in 2017”
Culture at Northwoods
With a relaxed environment, fresh hot popcorn and a dog-friendly office, we enjoy the amenities expected from a cutting-edge tech company. But that’s not what makes us love our jobs – it’s the people and the work that makes Northwoods great:
- We learn something new each day. From Fortune 500 companies to industrial manufacturers to local non-profits, we work on a wide variety of projects. The diversity of our client pool and our commitment to forward-looking technologies and strategies means we’re constantly engaged and learning new things.
- We trust and value each other. Ego has no place at Northwoods (our president sits in a cubicle like the rest of us), and we don’t focus on titles. When one of us has an idea, solution, or criticism, we know we can voice it openly and honestly – and we listen respectfully when our colleagues do the same.
- We hire people, not skillsets. We don’t just find people familiar with specific tools or technologies; we look for motivated self-starters who know how to learn and are eager to grow. We hire the best and brightest – leaders, team players, and creative problem solvers – and give everyone the opportunity to make the most of their unique talents.
- Our families come first. We have a strong work ethic and commitment to our clients, but we also have busy lives. Sometimes we work from home, sometimes we choose to work odd hours, and sometimes we bring our kids or dogs (or both!) into the office. Each of us gets to decide for ourselves what the ideal work-life balance looks like.
We’re all driven to constantly do our best – and Northwoods provides an environment that allows us all to do exactly that.
It’s not just a career, it’s a lifestyle.