Responsibilities and Skill Areas
Web Consulting, Business Analysis, and Digital Strategies (20-30% of your time)
- Meet with clients and understand their challenges and goals
- Provide business consulting, web consulting, and web marketing strategies
- Work with the Digital Strategy team to provide strategy consulting related to SEO, SEM, Analytics, Content Marketing, Usabiliy, IA, and UX.
- Work with Business Development Managers, sales engineers, and executives to create proposals and estimates for:
- Digital Reviews & Strategies
- Digital Marketing
- Design services
- Interactive services
- Web Analytics consulting
- SEO consulting
- Usability testing
- Software engineering
- Ongoing services
- Define scope and deliverables for projects in collaboration with team members
- Learn and share with team members at Northwoods
Information Architecture & User Experience Design (20-30% of your time)
- Lead the creation of content inventories, sitemaps, taxonomies, and content strategies
- Lead the creation of wireframes
- Guide the creative team to ensure proper execution of wireframes into comps / cutups
- Create creative briefs, personas, and guide usability testing
Project Management (20-30% of your time)
- Ensure projects are running smoothly
- Manage budget and client expectations
- Communicate regularly with clients
- Work with Account Coordinators to complete routine PM tasks
- Create written specifications addressing features, requirements, scope, and risks
- Create project plans of varying detail and complexity
- Proactively identify issues and resolve them before they become problems
- Work with scheduling staff to secure resources for projects
Account Management (10% of your time)
- Find ways to grow business with existing clients
- Prepare and review proposals, pitches, and presentations
- Alert sales management to accounts that need attention
- Occasionally help sell to new prospects
- Prioritize time spent on existing clients according to revenue potential.
- Engage in ongoing training, learning, and reading
- Attend internal meetings
- Assist sales and marketing teams in developing needed content and new strategies
- User Training and Support (5-10%)
- Provide client support from time to time
Technical Skills (not a requirement, but skills in more than one area is a major plus)
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- Axure, wireframing tools
- Visio, Powerpoint, Keynote, Notepad++
Account Directors don’t have to be gurus in all skill areas, but it does help to be smart and deeply enjoy continuous learning.
Northwoods employs an in-house team of developers, designers, information architects, and account managers. We are not a staffing firm. No new cubicle every six months. No bench. You work with the same 40 really smart people day-to-day. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Our work is never boring.
Travel is very limited and 98% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k) and great salaries. We offer health, dental, long term, and short term disability insurance, paid vacation, no limit on health days, paid holidays, paid maternity/paternity leave, and free lunch on occasion. Northwoods is an Equal Opportunity employer.
At Northwoods we have created a very free and relaxed work environment. You can do what you want with your office space, dress the way you want, and even work from home if you need to.
All employees get two monitors, the latest hardware, and free popcorn on Thursdays. No need to wear shoes around the office. The boss doesn't. We also have kids and dogs occasionally running around the office. (Yours are welcome if they don’t make too much noise.)
Need a break? Challenge your coworkers to a game of ping pong or foosball. You can even take a nap if you're dragging and just need 30 minutes of shut-eye to be productive again.