Get the most out of your WordPress website
WordPress is an open-source content management system that has millions of themes and plugins available for everyone to use. While WordPress continues to be a popular way to build dynamic websites, it is going through massive changes. Many of these changes are impacting non-profits perhaps more than any other sector. In this workshop, we will help you make sense of the new options, including Gutenberg, and provide recommendations on how your organization can get the most out of its WordPress website, such as choosing the right donation software to support your fundraising efforts.
- WordPress changes that are affecting non-profits
- The difference between a theme, page builder, and how Gutenberg fits into the mix
- How to vet a plug-in before you install it on your website
- Recommendations of which plug-ins you should already be using
- How to update your WordPress plug-ins and themes
- How to improve your WordPress website's speed and why it's important
- The benefits of using child themes
Who Should Attend
- Non-profit marketing directors, managers, and marketing teams
- Public relations and communications directors and teams
- Executive directors
- Non-profit social media managers and coordinators
This program is part of Northwoods' Digital Marketing for Non-Profits Learning Series - a series of workshops and webinars offered throughout November. Learn more.