Why Website Accessibility Matters
If your team hasn’t been thinking about web accessibility, now is the time. Sites built with accessibility in mind can improve usability for everyone and enhance user experience, thereby building brand loyalty and encouraging conversions. Plus, it’s far cheaper and easier to remediate an inaccessible website on your timeline, then that brought on by a complaint.
For the last year, websites have been required to meet new ADA compliance guidelines under the Revised Section 508 standards. In this workshop, we'll walk you through these standards and the steps you can take to make your website accessible.
- Why web accessibility matters
- Who needs to be involved within your organization
- Why you should be proactive about making your site(s) accessible
- Web accessibility best practices with examples
- How to meet the web accessibility standards (from audit to remediation)
Who Should Attend
- Content authors
- Project Manager for your web accessibility initiative
- Anyone looking to better understand what it means to have an accessible website